Monday, July 20, 2009

New glasses! from Taipei - VP coat too!

I'm in the process of getting new glasses. I'm in Taipei, Taiwn. I normally live in Modesto, CA, USA (Home to the Modesto Symphony, Gallo Center for the Arts, Plastic Surgery Modesto, and McHenry Medical Group). I'll go into more detail (if anyone is interested) of what glasses I'm getting.

The lens itself sounds pretty cool. The salesperson/manager of the optics shop told me that I can get thinner lens from Taiwan than in the US. It's going to have a VP coat. This is new and exciting to me.

So this is what I've learned.

VP Coat stands for View Protect

  • The VP Coating optimizes visual performance and comfort (through mechanisms described below)
  • Water Repellant: ahh... can walk in the rain!
  • Does not mist over with condensation (fog up)
  • Oil repellent (fingerprints!)
  • Low electrostatic load (less dust attraction/static)
  • Can be cleaned with acetone and alcohol.
  • Drawbacks: Don't let the glasses heat up greater than 40 degrees celcius. Otherwise there would be degradation of the VP coating.

No comments:

Post a Comment