Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Arrival in Taiwan.

We arrived 10pm on July 6th at the Taiwan International Airport. It is also known as the Taiwan Taoyuan airport. There was a thermal scanner that people had to go through - I made it through :)

Then there was airport customs that we had to pass - I stood in the "Foreigner's line" and my wife made it through as a dual citizen. I later found out that I could have gone through her line as well - it was much shorter. Regardless, there was minimal hassle.

We were greeted by my wife's parents.

When we stepped out of the airport to find our car. A wall of humidity hit me. This was my intro to hot humid summers in Taiwan.

On the car ride, I was introduced to a tropical fruit unavailable in the US - or I had never seen it - it was called the LenBu fruit... More about this later.

Well, I left on the other side of the world - my life - Plastic Surgery Modesto, CA - I hope to continue projects while hooked up on the internet in Taiwan. It's hard to not think about work as it was the main thing in my life before. My wife is a plastic surgeon in Modesto, CA - Central Valley California (she is the only female plastic surgeon in our area), and I manage the publicity, office stuff, and work there as a cosmetic physician as well - my training is in general surgery and acupuncture.

No comments:

Post a Comment