Friday, July 31, 2009

Lee Hyori BMI, Asian Celebrity BMI (weight standardized by height)


In my previous post, I had focused on American Celebrity BMI - Actresses (and some Actors)
I was looking for Asian pop star or TV actresses or actor's BMI's (Body Mass Index) and had some trouble finding height and weights, but I stumbled upon a discussion on Korean pop star:


Lee Hyori


This was the web page: http://asianfanatics.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=607239

In the recent episode of ‘Family Outing’ with Lee Soo Kyung as guest star appearance, pop diva Lee Hyori had directly revealed her height and weight on the show.

The discussion was that she had revealed that she was 53 kg (117 lbs), and for some reason many felt that she was "too heavy" and many people felt they had to defend her weight as being "healthy" and "acceptable".

I quote:


  • "i don't think hyori is fat, i think she's just fine."

  • "I have seen people with ribs sticking out, now that's disgusting. Hyori is healthy. "

  • "Ppl, remember that most of these korean netizens are crazy! "

  • "it doesnt really matter bout wat deir weight is as long as dey look good"


Here's a picture of Lee Hyori (I managed to get it placed on top of this blog)

So I figure I should figure out the actress singer Lee Hyori's BMI and see how it stacks up:

53 kg weight, 166 cm height

Lee Hyori has a BMI of 19.2 - now by any standard - that is not "fat". So I don't understand why so many people had to defend her weight. They should have just figured out her BMI and found that she's on the low side of Normal weight (by Western Standards) - end of discussion. But I guess the discussion was according to Eastern Standards, which I'm still in the process of figuring out what Normal Weight/height BMI would be.

Disclaimer: This website is not intended to create a physician patient relationship. There is no specific targeted medical advice here. Please see your physician in person. This disclaimer also applies to our other websites with generalized information: Plastic Surgery Modesto CA, Plastic Surgery Modesto, Cosmetic Surgery, Acupuncture Modesto, Veins Modesto, How to Choose a Plastic Surgeon, Breast Augmentation FAQ, Tummy Tuck FAQ


No comments:

Post a Comment