Saturday, July 11, 2009

Brother Hotel in Taipei




Brother Hotel in Taipei, Taiwan

255 Nanking East Road,
Section 3, Taipei

Tel: (8862) 2712 3456
Fax: (8862) 2717 3334

We had a family get together at this Hotel. We were in room 301-303. It was a many course Taiwan dinner. About 32 family members came to this event. Lee/Chen family get-together. My father's family is unique in that half of the family kids were named Lee (after my grandfather) and the other half Chen (after my grandmother).

The food was great, but the service was slow. The airconditioning was considered weak by my standards. We were able to get a picture in the lobby, but I didn't bring my camera. I'm hoping for relatives to send me some of the pictures. Unfortunately, it didn't seem as if any of them used the internet regularly.

These were relatives that I really don't know very well. Living in the USA is a big barrier to getting to know your relatives in Taiwan. Plus not knowing the Chinese language very well is a big barrier as well. Thus, I still don't know their names, and only barely know what they do. I of course tried to tell them about my acupuncture and cosmetic medicine practice in Modesto, CA, USA. I'm not sure they were too impressed with the cosmetic medicine but they seem to really like the acupuncture part. Well telling about where Modesto was located was a challenge, but they know San Francisco and Yosemite.

No comments:

Post a Comment