Friday, July 31, 2009

Body Mass Index of America's Female Celebrities comparing height and weight

BMI's for Celebrities... Standardizing Weight by Height.
Compare your BMI (if you dare)

So BMI (Body Mass Index) questions have been flooding my head - especially now that i know that I am for sure overweight by American, and Obese by Asian BMI standards. More questions came up from my friends when I decided to figure out the BMI of my wife who's considered thin, then suprisingly she didn't fit ideally into average Asian BMI standards which puzzled me and my friends. For starters I thought I'd find some BMI for celebrities.

I've decided to look on the web for some BMI data on American Female Actresses. I couldn't find much except that at some point, Cindy Crawford had a BMI of 19, and Marilyn Monroe had a BMI of 20.

First I had written a "how to calculate BMI" blog
Then I found this page on some estimated Celebrity BMI's:
http://diet.health.com/2009/01/08/surprising-celebrity-bmis/2/

and this page which had height and weight of female actresses but without BMI:
http://fitnessblackbook.com/fitness-babes/the-height-and-weight-of-10-hot-female-celebrities-revealed/

Also some great diet / weight / averages and trends from this third website:

http://www.diet-blog.com/archives/2007/04/15/female_body_shape_in_the_20th_century.php?page=2

It states that:
Mean (average) BMI US females (aged 20-74): 28.1 in the 1990's.

So I'm attempting to put the two pages together with just BMI:

Data from the first BMI webpage listed above:

These are Estimated BMI

Angelina Jolie BMI: 17.9
Beyoncé BMI: 21
Tom Cruise BMI: 26 (5'7", 166 lbs)
Tony Romo BMI: 28.8
Serena Williams BMI: 22.1
Jennifer Love Hewitt BMI: 21.9


From the Second webpage. I've had to do the calculations of the BMI myself. Hopefully the BMI calculations came out correctly without typos:

Adriana Lima BMI (Victoria's Secret Model) : 16.1
Jessica Biel BMI (7th Heaven): 16.4
Kate Beckinsale BMI (Underworld) : 17.5
Gabrielle Union BMI (Bring it On): 16.7
Jessica Alba BMI (Into the Blue): 19.9
Megan Fox BMI (Transformers): 18.4
Roselyn Sanchez BMI (Without a Trace): 20.4
Eva Longoria BMI (Deserate Housewives): 19.2
Selma Hayek BMI (Desperado): 21
Kelly Hu BMI (Scorpion King): 20.3


That's it for now for Celebrity BMI's

the original BMI Categories/classes:
Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5-24.9
Overweight = 25-29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater



Disclaimer: This website is not intended to create a physician patient relationship. There is no specific targeted medical advice here. Please see your physician in person. This disclaimer also applies to our other websites with generalized information: Plastic Surgery Modesto CA, Plastic Surgery Modesto, Cosmetic Surgery, Acupuncture Modesto, Veins Modesto, How to Choose a Plastic Surgeon, Breast Augmentation FAQ, Tummy Tuck FAQ

No comments:

Post a Comment