Friday, July 24, 2009

Muscular back pain - tennis ball solution

In my journey in life as an acupuncturist in Modesto, CA, USA, I've come across many back pain patients. I've had particularly good success treating muscular back pain - those pesky trigger points. Besides acupuncture, I've recommended having patients use a tennis ball.

Something so simple as a tennis ball? It's used against the wall.

You lean on the tennis ball against the wall, and rubs around until you can feel the tennis ball hit the trigger point - this is where it "hurts good." The type of "pain" should be around a 5/10 type of pain. You should do this about 4-6 times per day if you are serious about trying to use tennis ball "acupressure" to rid one of trigger points. It's a form of self-help myofascial release.

I've been doing this for myself lately while I've been in Taipei, Taiwan.

These are just suggestions I've given my patients. I put this here for you to read about it. It's not meant to be specific directed medical advice.

Disclaimer: This website is not intended to create a physician patient relationship. There is no specific targeted medical advice here. Please see your physician in person. This disclaimer also applies to our other websites with generalized information: Plastic Surgery Modesto CA, Plastic Surgery Modesto, Cosmetic Surgery, Acupuncture Modesto, Veins Modesto, How to Choose a Plastic Surgeon, Breast Augmentation FAQ, Tummy Tuck FAQ

No comments:

Post a Comment