Monday, August 3, 2009

Alain Mikli glasses - my new glasses

Ultimate nerd test: if you write a blog about your nerd glasses... yup that's me.

My new glasses are Alain Mikli glasses. I got them at Taipei 101, shopping malls, in Taipei, Taiwan where they had a Alain Mikli Boutique - tel 886-2-2748-6108. Their email is shop.taipei@mikliasia.com.hk. I got the alain mikli A0642-23 frame. Titanium frames. This is my first pair of Titanium eyeglass - it's just for the front of the eyeglasses - the sides are plastic. My previous glasses were also Alain Mikli glasses - I was happy with them. It was time for a new pair since my vision shifted and I had dropped the old glasses a few times. Plus it had some wear and tear from placing laser goggles on top of them. I suspect it will continue to be a similar problem this time with the new frames. These frames have an even wider lens than the old ones. These lens measure "55" across. I'm not sure what the units are, but I suspect it would be in mm. I picked these up on 8/1/09. My blog on my previous pair of eyeglasses, Modesto.

My prescription is now:

PD 69.5 (pupillary distance)

R: -6.00, -1.50, 88
L: -7.00, -0.75, 142

The lens that I got was Hoya 1.7 Nulux-ep MC which cost 4550.00 NT each (includes VP coating on the lens, VP coating is supposed to make the lens easier to clean).

The pricing came out to 36820.00 NT

Previously about 1.3 years ago:

My prescription was (1.3 years ago) - so my prescription is now changing in the other direction.

R: -650 - 125 x 088
L: -725 -075 x 148

The picture above is from the web, but it is of the actual Alain Mikli glasses that I had purchased, and am wearing while typing up this blog!


Disclaimer: This website is not intended to create a physician patient relationship. There is no specific targeted medical advice here. Please see your physician in person. This disclaimer also applies to our other websites with generalized information: Plastic Surgery Modesto CA, Plastic Surgery Modesto, Cosmetic Surgery, Acupuncture Modesto, Veins Modesto, How to Choose a Plastic Surgeon, Breast Augmentation Modesto, Breast Augmentation FAQ, Tummy Tuck FAQ, Botox in Modesto

No comments:

Post a Comment