Thursday, August 6, 2009

Dragon Fruit = strawberry pear

Dragon Fruit / Strawberry Pear
I had this fruit in Taiwan, just a few weeks ago, for the first time.


When you cut it open, it looks like a the inside of a "white" kiwi - it has lots of edible little seeds.

It also has the texture of the kiwi, but doesn't taste as acid.
I'm searching for this very very sweet fruit that I just had which is green on the outside with lots of irregular bumps on it and white on the inside with the taste of a super super sweet ripe banana with a hint of cantalope - it has septations which are easily separated with a dark black inedible seed in the middle of each section.
I'll keep searching, maybe I'll find this fruit online. Meanwhile, I was happy to come across this dragon fruit which comes from a cactus. So it's a cactus fruit! They now grow these in Taiwan - before it used to be imported only.

No comments:

Post a Comment